He Puanga Haeata
Parihaka-Crown Reconciliation Ceremony – 9 June 2017
Given the overall support for the Crown package, the Parihaka Papakāinga Trust remains committed to continuing our mahi with Attorney-General Hon. Christopher Finlayson and his team and confirms the ceremony date of Friday, 9th June 2017 which will be a day of national and international significance.
* Pōwhiri for the Haukāinga/Motu at 8am
* Crown & Officials to be formally received by Parihaka at 10am
Parihaka Pā, Mid Parihaka Road, Pungarehu, Taranaki
Please RSVP by Monday 29 May
All Parihaka queries to:
Parihaka Papakāinga Trust
A PDF of the invite/poster can be downloaded here.
Important things to note
- No amount of money will ever compensate for injustices of the past
- This is a starting point.
- Our process has been transparent.
- Trustees: we recognise differences, we move ahead together.
- We appreciate your kōrero, participation and support.
- Our open-door policy remains (at your request to meet)
- $ 9million + 15%
- Lump-sum payment direct to Parihaka
- Subject to the Governance review
- Relationship Agreement
- Legacy donors
- Te Kawenata ō Rongo (Deed of Reconciliation)
- Te Tikanga Tuku Iho (Legacy Statement)
- Crown Apology
- Financial modelling
- Governance review
- Fisheries Kaitiaki, Code of Conduct